Photobucket

Welcome!

Welcome to my blogg! Let me first say that I am in no way shape or form a financial advisor or expert. What I am is a mother, women, friend, sister, sistah who is sick and tired of being sick and tired and decided to take charge of my life and get my finances in order.

My personal mission is pure and simple; ELIMATE DEBT WHILE CREATING WEALTH! And this is not to say that I will give up being a diva! Lets face it; A life with out fashion, traveling and self indulgence isn’t much of a life at all! I just plan on doing these things responsibly by first, eliminating my debt by establishing a realistic savings structure, stop paying for things that I know I can get for free and stop wasting! Although I only established this mission a short time ago, I’ve learned so many tricks, tips and tidbits that has allowed me to cut my expenses in half which I plan on sharing with you all! Yes, I agree, its easier said than done and its going to take discipline, knowledge and support from our fellow sistahs’ to get our financial lives back on track. It is my hope that this blog will foster a community of encouragement; that place you can go to go gain and share knowledge. As stated above, I am by no means an expert. As a matter of fact, I’m at a place where I’ve truly hit rock bottom financially and unfortunately it usually takes something to completely knock you off your feet before you realize things have to change. Well I’m at that place and I’m ready for change! It’s just not an option for me to go into my 30’s carrying pointless debt! It’s imperative for me to foster an environment for my daughter that encourages fiscal responsibility. Its time we stop passing on debt to our children but rather pass on wealth! Not money, but WEALTH while still enjoying life!

Frugalista by definition is a person who lives a frugal lifestyle but stays fashionable and healthy by swapping clothes, buying secondhand, growing own produce. Well for our purposes, I want to add my own personal spin; I challenge you all to become Frugalistic Chica’s by living a frugal lifestyle but remaining fashionably responsible, enjoying the finer things that life has to offer while eliminating debt and creating wealth!

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Couponing 101: Triples!



I just wanted share a picture from my shopping trip over the weekend! One of the most vital tools in reducing debt is to stop paying for things that you can get for dirt cheap or free!

If you’re in the charlotte area, or live next to a Harris Teeter, Loews, or Bloom then you’re in luck! This is not to say that other grocers don’t participate in triples events b/c I’m sure they do and if you visit
www.hotcouponworld.com then you’ll be able to get the entire scoop on your local stores.

Harris Teeter on a daily basis doubles manufactures coupons up to .99 but quarterly, they will triple them! This is the most opportune time to get free products….again, just maximizing your coupons to the best of your advantage! Well, I made several trips during this past triples event and pictures is just a fraction of the cheap/free items I got! NOTHING pictured cost me more than .45! Yes, cereal that normally cost an arm and a leg cost a total of .35 per box! Jelly- .32/jar! Collard Greens-.45/can! Hot sauce-FREE! Mash potatoes- FREE! Tea-FREE! Mustard-FREE! Cookies-FREE!

No comments:

Post a Comment